Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a NICE day:) Meeting Lucy and Emma

Today I got the privelidge of meeting Amber and Josh's twin daughters Emma and Lucy. I went to see them at Riverside and I was smitten immediately. Not to mention Amber and Josh. The room felt so joyous and loving. Both babies were there and needed no assistance when they were born. You should have seen Josh and Amber handling these teeny little ladies like that had done it all their life. I got to hold both girls and heard a lot of their already different personalities. I absolutely love listening to a new mother talking about her newborn. It is just so adoring and pure. I always say that children and proof that God exists and you could feel that entirely in the room. I left the room with an overwhelming sense of happiness that reminded me of giving birth to Kaiya and Cassie and the total wonderment of taking in the fact that you have had a child or children. No matter how many babies and families I visit, it never gets old. Amber has always had a special place in my heart because we are both infertility survivors and both had success with the same protocal and doctor. And then upon finding out she was having twins, I prayed for each milestone, 12 weeks, then 18, then 20 then 24... you get the idea and now that they are here it makes the world just that much sweeter. The fact that Em and I are twins made me so happy for the girls as well, at age 33 Emily is my best friend and it has been that way and will continue to be no matter what. These little girls are double blessed by parents who wanted them and waited for them so long and also to have each other!

I still cannot believe the fact that she carried these babies until 38 weeks and was one of the most laid back pregnant gals I have ever come in contact with. Amber, thank you for including me as well as so many others in your amazing journey. So many people feel a part of these girls lives and they are only 2 days old:)

Here are some pictures of the little ladies. Emma was in a solid pink onsie with a money on it, wrapped in a yellow blanket and Lucy was in a pink onsie with brown polka dots and wrapped in a pink blanket.

Miss Lucy Ellison Baumer


Miss Emma Harper Baumer


Lucky me getting to hold the ladies


And finally... the Baumer family all together, Josh, Amber, Emma and Lucy!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Blogger Tiffany McCallen said...

Such beautiful babies for such a beautiful person!

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Shauna said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I love the family pic, there is nothing like seeing your babies for the first time! Don't forget to update the owl blog!
Sherri

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home