Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bizarro virus... finally figured out

Well, both girls are officially done with the totally bizarre virus that hit them each for a week at a time. But we did get some mysteries solved... somewhat startling!

Flashback to the day after I gave birth to Kaiya. I had developed a pretty bad infection due to the fact that my water had been broken for about 24 hours before they began pitocin. So, I got antibiotics in my IV that day and the next. Then a nurse walks in and says she has a Rubella shot. So I figured it was for Kaiya... but they said it was for me.... Appearently I had some traces of Rubella (german measles) in my blood... so weird, so I got the shot and that was that! Anyway... flash foward three years:

Kaiya got sick and was down for the count for 8 days, very high fevers for her twice at 105, and then about 4 days in she developed a rash all over her body that got worse for days and finally went away, Cassie had gotten ill as well about 3 days into Kaiya's sickness and had what seemed to be the exact same symptoms, except Cassie's rash seemed some how different then Kaiya's as well as her fevers had not been as high as Kaiya's. So after to trips to the doctor and a few tests we discovered that Kaiya had actually did have Rubella and oddly enough, Cassie did not, she had a strain of the Roseola virus. Appearently even the MMR vaccine could not protect Kaiya since I had it in my blood stream when I had her and they did not know for how long. Since getting the shot for it in the hospital, that protected Cassie from getting it as well.

I think between my girls crazy illnesses, my reDONKulous injuries, viruses, reprodcutive and miscarrying issues and Preston's stomach stuff... we could be a medical journal:) Well=>

The best news is that everyone is healthy now, Preston's stomach has been calm and my ankle fracture is healed! Now I am off to knock on wood, throw some salt and avoid black cats! :P

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger Shauna said...

So sorry you had to go through all that, but super glad you're feeling better!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home