Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Odd night last night and today...

As some of you saw on facebook, Kaiya and I saw and were very close to being involved in a rather violent car accident. It happened directly in front of us in an intersection on of 161. Two cars smashed into each other going very fast and the car with passangers came directly toward us. I thought we were gonna get hit... but I did not say a word and they missed us. Everyone's airbag deployed and I could see the car with two passengers needed some help. They were right next to me, so I kept Kaiya in the car and got out to see if I could help as another person called 911. The driver was a girl and did not seemed injured until I noticed her legs... one was very broken and the other I was not even sure... then I noticed her passenger... he had an odd look on his face and blood was dripping from his hair... I then noticed his head had hit the windshield, even after his airbag deployed.... and then he just slumped over. His girlfriend was hysterical....I dont blame her at all, it was quite a sight. The other gentleman in the other car had gotten out of the car, he was hurt as well.... but his car had come to a rest in the middle of the intersection. The paramedics and all the other emergency vehicles came and I told them I was concerned about the passenger in the car. They said to sit down because my van was so close to the car he assumed we had been involved... we had come close - but we not at all. I told him I had not been looking when the accident happened so I was going to go ahead and leave. Kaiya and I pulled into the parking lot at Miejer and I got her out of her carseat and the both of us cried for like 10 minutes. She had seen a lot, including the collision and the state of the people next to us, she was scared and sad and had so many question and I just started sobbing along with her because of all the adrenaline draining out. It was kinda a big relazation about not only how close you can come to something terrible and walk away.... and also how much your children take in and notice about situations and what scares them and what they worry about. Poor Kaiya asked about the two people in the car for the rest of the night and then first thing when she was up this morning... and of course we go down stairs and her fish she had gotten for her birthday was floating on the top of the bowl *Sigh* toilet bowl funeral followed and she did great and we are getting her a new one tonight... I was not planning on telling her and switching them out:) But she is so freakin perceptive, she saw a towel over Dorothy's bowl and got a a glimps of her floating. More explaining. I know they say being a Mom is not always easy... but sometimes the hardest things to explain and make it through for them being out such a side of rescilliance and love in them that you cannot dwell on the memory for too long:) Thanks the Lord, we were fine last night although I had troube sleeping last night:( Time to move on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home