Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Friday, March 06, 2009

Hopefully on the way to healing thanks to help from Mom, Em and Preston...

After visiting my Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday I was told that I had a choice, do NOTHING with my wrist at all for a week and see if it improves both visually and pain wise, it currently looks like it went through some sort of medievil device. So I called my Mom and talked to Preston and Em and the plan is in place. The other option.... he could just cut it open and fix it. YIKES :(

My Mom, Sis and Hubby are wonderful. Since Thursday, I have not used my wrist for ANYTHING. With Mom, Em and Prestons help, I have been able to rest it completely and although the bruising is still quite bad looking, the pain has started to dull for the first time and WITHOUT big time pain killers!!! I know everyone thinks I have a great deal (doing nothing), but trust me, it can be very hard to be completely dependent on others to do everything from getting your kids out of their cribs to putting your hair in a pony tail.... anything that requires two hands.

So huge shout out to Mom and Em for their enornmous help yesterday and today.... now we will see how Preston handles the weekend, complete with a 3 hours up and 3 hours back car ride to my neice Connie's birthday party tomorrow... 6 hours total for us and the kids in the car..... God give us stregnth!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.... I feel like this is going to help and I am so hopefully that sugery will be avoided and I will be back to normal... well, my normal anyway :P


1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find healing soon, Beck. It's got to be hard to have your life on hold until you get your wrist back in shape. Try to enjoy this rest period a little bit... who knows when it will come around again?! - Tif

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home