Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

WHEW - what a crazy day!

Well, it is funny how you make plans and God has His own:P Our plan for the day was for my Mom, me and the girls to head to Otterbein Homecoming, Preston to ref his game and for us to meet at Em and Adams for the after party and then to have Andy, Rachel and Delaney over for dinner. Instead this is what happened:

My sis called at 8:45 this morning (I was leaving the house at 9:30 for Otterbein). She had fallen in the middle of the night and her foot was killing her and she did not think she could walk, I felt terrible that I did not have a lot of time to talk, but urged her to try to go to Urgent Care by any means possible. So... after battling Kaiya for 10 minutes to get her to wear her shoes, we get in the car, with her sobbing of course. We got to Otterbein and Mom, me and the girls enjoyed the parade. I decided to call Em's cell to see what she was doing.... and she told me, she had broken her foot in 4 PLACES. I wanted to run straight over to her house to help, but had to say a quick hello to the ladies at the Owl house and then Mom and I headed over. Em was hobbling around on crutches IRONING..... hello - sit your broken butt down. ANYWAY - Grandma Patty was there - being the amazing, helpful, wonderful person she is and Em and Adam were attempting to get the house ready for the after party with Austin eating, Charlie recovering from being sick and Hannah sobbing because she had to wear pants. After finally getting everyone settled, Kaiya started acting up, I was not sure if I should leave and head home or not, then Preston calls me and tells me that something is wrong with his car and he was worried he would not make it home from the game he reffed.... and he was right, his car literally "blew" as his exited from i-670 to i-270. (For those who are not from Columbus, that is a busy area to say the least and the "intersection" of two highways). So off me and the girls went to pick him up from the side of the road on 270. After lots of phone calls and frusteration, he was able to have a company tow his car to Westerville Automotive (where we JUST had work done 1 month ago). We then finally just sat back an talked about our "bad luck".... we know we have many bessings - trust me! But as far as life issues, we have had a STRING!

So Miller and his son Camden stopped by as well as Andy, Rachel and Delaney for dinner, it turned out to be a very relaxing and fun evening wathcing Kaiya run all over with Camden and Cassie and Delaney toddle around, and of course talking with Rachel about general Mom stuff... always helpful! Camden also asked Kaiya to be his girlfriend and she accepted:P So now, I am sitting on the couch ready to drop and just about to. So so so sorry for the super whiney post.... we did enjoy the parade, our dinner company and even some time with the girls today.... so not all was lost. Tomorrow is a new day and a I pray an UNEVENTFUL one:)

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Wow- what a day! Makes me almost feel relieved that I was home recovering from gallbladder surgery. . . glad you were still able to have a good time amidst the chaos!

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Tiffany McCallen said...

I don't know how you and Em manage those chaotic days of yours! WOW!!! Glad it all turned out okay...

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger The Arthurs said...

WHAT????? I was so stressed by the time I left Sat that I never crossed paths with Em. I felt like a total jerk for not trying harder to seek her out - now come to find out the poor gal had a foot broken in 4 places!!! YIKES!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home