Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Me and my first baby....

I am stealing the from Emily's blog http://www.missemilylynnspeaks.blogspot.com/ , who stole it from Jess at The Wilson's house blog http://thewilsonshouse.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the inspiration gals.


This could be long......


Me and My First Baby


1. Were you married at the time? Yes, had been for about 5 years.


2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I cried and laughed all at the same time. Preston and I went and looked at the test together and we cried when it was positive, this was at the end of a LOOONNNNNNggggg road of miscariages and infertility so it did not even feel real, I will never forget that day, it was August 26th.


3. How old were you? 29


4. How did you find out you were pregnant? two home pregnancy tests, several betas and a few ultrasounds


5. Who did you tell first? Emy was the first to know after Preston (since he was there) and then my Mom... we were all excited, but scared because of past losses and also the possiblity for high order multiples, due to the meds we used to get pregnant.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, I figured, I had to wait long enough to get pregnant, I was not waiting any longer to find out anything I could about this baby!


7. Due date: May 7th, due to the fertility method used, the due date was pretty much garanteed 40 weeks from implanation.


8. Did you deliver early or late? on time:) May 7th!


9. Did you have morning sickness? I felt pretty lousy from 6 weeks through about 24 weeks, but then felt pretty good, just not much of an appetite the entire time. I wound up losing weight being pregnant.


10. What did you crave? Salads, apple juice


11. Who irritated you the most? People who boasted about feeling no morning sickness.....


12. What was your first child’s sex? She is a girl


13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? None, I lost 20 in total


14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes, we had bleeding here and there and then one night (at 17 weeks) a huge rush of blood. We were diagnosed with Placenta Previa and I was on -off and on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy and got lots more ultrasounds.... which I did not mind!


15. Where did you give birth? St. Ann's Hospital in Westerville,Ohio


16. How many hours were you in labor? 21.... clock starting after I got to the hospital, my water had broken earlier in the day, but it was so faint, I did not notice, until that night when it gushed out of no where.


17. Who drove you to the hospital? Preston


18. Who watched? Preston


19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal, other then my labor stauling, it was uneventful. Just really long.


20. Did you have pain relief? Nubain, which I did not like because it did not dull the pain, just made me feel wierd. I got an epidural, but it wound up bottoming out my blood pressure... so it made me feel like I had to vomit (after doing so) the remainder of the time I was in labor.... YUCK


21. How much did your child weigh? 7lbs. 5oz.


22. What did you name him/her? Kaiya Elizabeth. Kaiya was a name I had heard 3 years previous (to describe a baby african rhino belive it or not) because it was the swahili (sp?) name for "long awaited child". It was perfect, the middle name is after Preston's grandmother who raised him and had passed away 2 years prior.


23. How old is your first born today? She is almost 2 1/2.

Here she is about an hour after she was born....


And here she is today....

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM , Blogger Emily said...

oh Papi, you are worth every dime of your million dollar baby status!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home