Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another tough day....

Max was my very first baby... I got him at 6 weeks and he was TEENY... 8 oz!!!! He is now a full grown 8 year old Pom and has been doing great... other then looking scuffy from not getting groomed (hair and nails) in 6 months..due to lack of funds:(

Well... yesterday I noticed him licking his back foot a lot and today, when he came downstairs, he was not walking on his left back leg at all. So I took a look and was horrified to see that his first toe nail has grown into almost a circle and directly into his paw and his paw was HUGE and bleeding. So off to the vet we ween immediately. They had to sedate him to get the nail out of his paw, they also gave him two injections of penicillen, one injection of anti-inflamatory drugs and also some pain meds. The prognosis is what me.... they said they cannot garautee that the infection has not spread into the bone because of the severity of his foot... they said if I had not caught it today that his foot would have literally split open in a day or two.

So... he has a cone on his neck (Which his HATES) we have more antibiotics to give him twice a day for 14 days as welll as an injectable pain med. If the infection does not start to improve in a day or two, we might have to go back.... and they said the two worst scenerios are 1. he has to have a complete amputation of his leg or 2. if it is too bad, we have to put him down:( . I am still kinda in shock but hopeful for a full recovery!

His paw in the waiting room at the emergency vet


Max after the procedure... very doped and confused... and pissed at the cone:(



And then to make things more interesting, Kaiya has a horrendous diaper rash that came on yesterday and has spiraled as usual and now she has severe diarriah... to the point that I took her diaper off and let her run around outside on the deck.... and literally had to follow her around with a hose because the poop was everywhere and coming out every 5 minutes:( I am so ready for potty training! She just has no interest.

Ok... I think I will stop complaining now... sorry:) Just been a shitty day... pun INTENDED:)

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beck I had to go through that claw procedure with my Isabella AND my Priscilla (although Scilla was a good enough patient that I could do it alone). Both kitties are doing fine. It was just one of those things where the nail clipping duties got away from me... I hope Max is fine! - tif

 
At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there on both fronts honey, Max and potty training. Audry has finally turned a corner, although we have a long road in sight. Let's vent together!
Hugs!
-Sarah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home