Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Happy Birthday my sweet long awaited child - Kaiya

When it comes to my daughter... her birthday will forever be attached to the story of the journey to have her. Her birthday is always very reflective and wonderful.

FLASHBACK... Here is Kaiya meeting the doctor that finally got us pregnant, Dr. Clements Grosskinsky, who is retired from Ohio Reproductive at the end of 2006.... I found this picture on my Blog from June 2006 when Kaiya was a month old:)



WHew.... I simply cannot believe that my first born daughter is turning three today. After trying for so long and hoping for so long... my "someday baby" became my Kaiya. 5 years after we decided we wanted to get pregnant, I was finally pregnant and staying pregnant and the day I gave birth to Kaiya still fills me with a lot of emotion and amazement. I swear the minute I saw her... every negative pregnancy test, every surgery, procedure... all the time we spent grieving losses and hoping for the future, it all made sense. My sister told me a long time ago... that God wanted to pick out the perfect baby for me... that is why it took so long... and I could not agree more. She amazes me everyday with how grown up she is and all of things she can do, yet through it all, she is still my baby that I never thought I would have and that makes her so special.

My sister wrote Preston and I's story on her blog in tribute to my birthday girl... and it sums up my long awaited child perfectly as it does our journey to get her. Please feel free to check it out... she writes beautifully - http://www.missemilylynnspeaks.blogspot.com/.

Kaiya... thank you for chosing me as your Mom and being the most amazing blessing any heart could ever wish for! I love you pumpkin and Happy 3rd Birthday!


4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so sweet thanks for sharing

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

That is just the sweetest "Happy Birthday". What an amazing day for your family. :)

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Gamma said...

Happy Birthday Kaiya! and What a lovely post...this one will bring tears to Kaiya's eyes someday!

 
At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday precious Kaiya! I can't believe how fast you've grown. I'm so sorry I missed your party! - tif

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home