Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Saturday, November 08, 2008

My Kaiya's vision update... and the pukes...

Well, Thursday was Kaiya's follow up eye appointment. We were there for a hour and a half, Preston was at work and my Mom took Cass with her to an appointment. We discovered because of the lack of her keeping her glasses on, she has gone 50% blind in her right eye. I was so upset to hear this after she had almost no damage at the last appointment. I was also very upset to find out that there is NOT a surgical fix to this issue, which was something we were not told until yesterday. So now, in an attempt to repair the damage, which is a slightly possible, Kaiya has to wear an eye patch 3 hours a day at least and she has to wear her glasses all the time.... we are already battling.... it has been rough, but I am going to have to be literally militant about it if I want to try to Kaiya her get her eyesight back.... if she loses vision in the left eye, she will be considered legally blind - so I am up for the challenge!

So after all that was done, I called my Mom to check on Cass and she told me on the way to the appointment, she threw up all over the car and then again at the office. So I went to get her immediately and she has been throwing up and having diarriah since, Kaiya woke up wth it this Friday, she had some mild symptoms Thursday, but she has got it now and CAssie had a fever of 102 on Friday. So I have been so super strssed. I am tryng to get myself calm so I can keep up my immune system so I dont get sick too but it is hard:( I have been having tension headaches from hte stress... but I almost expect that. Kaiya did wear her glasses all day yesterday after getting them adjusted because they were bent. And her patch for about 2 hours... today she has them both on so far....

Well, other then that, Preston's job is going well as is his teaching job at night, I just have to get my girls healthy and get my stubborn, yet wonderful 2 year old into her glasses full time, wish me luck!!!

Love to all - any prayers would be appreciated!!!!

Here is a picture after we left the office on Thursday.... not too happy:(

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Sasha said...

Hi Beck-

Wow the glasses and patch do sound very challenging! But, I'm sure it will go ok, once she gets used to it. I hope both of them are feeling better from the bug that they have. take care! Love,
Sasha

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Tiffany McCallen said...

Hi Beck, so sorry about your update. I can tell you there's hope, though. My nephew had very poor eyesight in one of his eyes from Kaiya's age to now (he's 9 now). He had to wear the patch daily for hours on end and he has glasses. I think now his eyes are both strong enough that he's just down to the glasses... so keep at it! You can do it! :) And I hope the headaches improve... sick babies and stressed-out mommies are tough things to deal with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home