Rebecca's World

A place to share my millions of pictures and very random thoughts:) Welcome and please feel free to comment:)

Saturday, May 31, 2008

What a rollercoaster... with a happy ending

Well, anyone who knows anything about me and Preston knows we are "reproductively challenged" hee hee, well I guess you can say we USED to be. Well - the last 3 weeks have certainly tested us in all aspects - here is the recap:
May 7th (Kaiya's 2nd birthday): Took a pregnancy test because I just had a weird feeling... even though we had been using birth control.... positive (HOLY CRAP) Might I add - I was bleeding a lot- were we still pregnant?
May 9th: Got blood drawn for an HCG level - came back at 124 - definitely pregnant
May 12th: Got another blood draw for HCG level - came back 525 - doubling perfect - pregnant
May 22nd: Went for an ultrasound at 6 weeks, the doctor saw only a small sac and no heartbeat or baby, the sac measuring very off at 4 weeks, 2 days - very bad sign, the doctor told us we needed a miracle.... and we were told we needed to come back in a week to determine the "unlikely viablity" of the pregnancy - still pregnant, not looking good
May 29th: Follow up ultrasound..... God listeded to our prayers and we were in the 5% of people that their body actually caught up.... a sac, a baby and a heartbeat!!!!! The baby is measuring 6 weeks, 4 days and looks prefect!!!

SO=====>>>>> all that to say we ARE PREGNANT!!!! 7 weeks! We still can use lots of prayers to make sure this baby stays put... we have a tough history with that. The baby is due January 19... this little one is the shock of our lives but much hoped and prayed for after all was said and done. I hope this is the final scarey point of the pregnancy!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Shauna said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! You have had a rough time, but miracles to happen!

Hope everything is great with the family! :)

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger The Arthurs said...

Excuse my while I pick my jaw up from off the ground... R U KIDDING ME? Your story is just too incredible to believe. Ah, Becky, I am so thrilled for you. I know you're heart is probably filled with worry (even pregnany women with no crazy histories are nervous at the start), but be reminded that lots of folks are praying with you!!!! YEY.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger MissRebecca said...

Thanks gals. God is truly amazing and just blows my mind. It reminds you that we maybe in the car.... but we are just along for the ride:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home